Thursday, November 10, 2011

Julian


Do you know what Julian, California is famous for?

Apples! And even better? Apple pie!
I didn't even like pie until I had a Julian crumbly top apple pie. Now? I've become a fan.



Josh, Meredith, Uncle Mike and I took a Saturday trip out to Julian a couple weeks ago, at the VERY end of the apple season.

So the apples were kind of slim picking. Josh and I had to climb trees to find any.




At this particular orchard you pay to pick per bag.
The bag is a 1/2 peck.
(As in, Peter Piper Picked a Peck of Pickled Peppers - we picked a peck of apples.)



Uncle Mike sampling the goods. We have no idea what kind of apples we picked. Guess we should have asked, huh?


Orchard Pics!









(This next one may or may not end up on Josh and Meredith's Christmas card. Maybe. Maybe not.)

After the apple picking, we had lunch and then headed to the Julian Pie Co. for some hot apple pie a la mode. YUM. I got mine with cinnamon ice cream. I definitely recommend cinnamon ice cream for crumbly top apple pies. FYI.

We had fun - even the boys did!
I think we should make it an annual trip!


1 comment:

Apryl said...

That looks lovely. I especially love the photos of the branches. So artsy-fartsy!