
Autumn's friend, Amy, planned a fabulous bachelorette soiree at the Queen Mary. We had dinner at the Chelsea Restaurant, got to check out the sweet suite Amy booked for the night for Autumn and her friends, and laso walk around a bit on the ship. It was a lot of fun. Autumn has a tremendous gift for making good friends - and lots of them.
The girls stayed in the Windsor Suite. If you see Amy at the party, ask her to tell you about the Windsors - she has all the story for you (B knows it, too). I am not a good story teller, but I can tell you that the couple loved the Queen Mary (and each other) and were on the boat for many passages across the Atlantic. Therefore they got a suite named after them.

This is the foyer when you walk in:

This is the first room on the left when you walk in - it was the maid's quarters. This is where Autumn slept that night because she had been sick and she kept herself isolated in an effort to not get her friends sick in their sleep.

There are two bathrooms in the suite. Please note the four faucet handles:

Hot Fresh

Hot Salt (and of course, Cold Fresh, and Cold Salt). I was fascinated by the concept. When I came home all excited about it, Mike pretty much said, "That's gross." And his first question was, "Does it pump in the harbor water? Because if so, eww."

The living room area (the Windsors are pictured above the couch). B, talking on the phone.

Desk, tables, chairs, portholes... All part of the living room area.

An original (and now not working) fan:


And the bedroom - complete with bookshelves, bed, desk, table, chairs... There was a surprising amount of room in this place. And a lot of the drawers on the desks and things have the original plastic handles, before plastic was what it is today - don't ask me, ask Amy!



After we checked out the suite we went down to a bar off the lobby to meet the rest of the party. Us, waiting, patiently and cutely...

Bread! (And it was delicious because we were all starving.)

Cheers!

Blurry. Camera = having issues in low light.

Alisa ordered steak

I ordered the chicken (go figure). It was a seafood restaurant and I am not a big seafood person...

...but the chicken wasn't that great at all, and I ended up tasting and really liking B's blackened ahi with mango salsa - delicious! She nicely shared a lot of it with me.

B ordered the creme brulee for dessert.

Alisa had the cheesecake. I love the plating on both of them. It's so cute.

After our dinner we walked back to the suite to have Autumn open her presents. On our way I made Autumn pose for several pictures. There were many more I would have liked to do, but didn't have the time.
Autumn, holding hands with the Windsors.

Laurel, Hardy and Autumn

What?

Oh, and B's hott shoes for her girls' night out on the town. Woowoo.

Autumn opening the present from her sisters...

What could it be??

Wait for it...wait...for...it...

Oooohhh no

Oh, yes. So naughty.

Awwwwwwwwwyeah.
Sisters (I am including both - the one without the flash and the one with, because Autumn is smiling much nicer in the dark one)


The blurry lights on the water

Ta-da. That was our evening. Lots of fun!
Our baby sister is getting married on Saturday - hard to believe, but we are excited for her and love her and Drew both!
1 comment:
Wow, I loved your hair Adrianne! Very authentic. Also, SO JEALOUS that I missed this. I so wish I could have made it work. What fun! Maybe for the next wedding. Oh wait. Crap.
Loved the way the, ahem, "costume" looked. Meow!
Thanks for posting pictures!
Post a Comment