Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Frosting Incident and Other Stories



Hello dear Family & Friends! Last week was spent feeling mostly overwhelmed and with too much stuff to do. I may have been heard saying, "Dude, if anyone asks me to do ONE MORE THING, I'm going to loose it." And when I reached my limit & started saying, "Sorry, no," then I felt guilty. And then I overcompensated. Which explains how children ended up with frosting facials. I was making "Value Colored" cupcakes for a special meeting with the youth at church. I was also wondering if swearing under your breath while trying to be of service takes away blessings. Especially if the theme of the meeting is:"Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest" (Joshua 1:9; italics added). Well, crap.

But all my commitments are almost ALMOST finished, and then we can concentrate on the PARTY THIS WEEK! (Eight more people in this house? Really? And two of them are Gretchen & Matia? Should be an adventure...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She was really working it in there, too, like she KNEW of the inherent exfoliating properties of the frosting. Wise girl.

duffydominion said...

Gretchen...totally unfazed.