Thursday, October 15, 2009

Gretchen Rose Is The Harbinger Of Chaos

I don't need a Cylon to warn me, Gretchen cannot be trusted. And yes, this is going to be one of those blog posts where I complain about my toddler. This afternoon alone:

-She scattered a box of cereal across the living room floor. And threw in some pretzels just for fun.

-Despite the fact that I keep my chair far, far away from my glass-topped art desk specifically for this reason, she still found a way to climb onto my desk and open the pen drawer. You know, the pen drawer that I moved to the top of my art desk to keep her out of it. Then she found a black permanent marker and colored her leg. And her arm. And her hand (so she can say "Bye Bye!" and show off her ink. She showed me.) And the sweet little B&W photo of Ella & Gretchen I have hanging at my desk. They now both have blacked in eyes and gaping black mouths. It's a little "Black-Hole-Sun". Awesome.

-While I was making dinner she did the classic "MOMMA MOMMA MOMMA" whine-cry/step-on-my-feet-while-simultaneously-pushing-me-from-the-counter for approx 10 minutes. I thought I bought her happiness with a few slices of cheese, but then realized she snuck one of the chocolate cupcakes we made for tomorrow's Harvest Festival & smushed it into the carpet in front of the TV. After that was cleaned up, I found the cupcake wrapper chewed into a lovely little turd-shaped curl that she left next to the water filter. Aw, thanks Gretch!

-Apparently full of stolen chocolate cupcakes, she then proceeded to grab handfuls of her dinner and rub them into her shirt. When her dinner was confiscated, she took her sippee cup & shook it onto the dinner table. Then she splashed her fists in it. Then she laughed. Then she cried because I took her milk away too. Then Auntie Krista showed up and took pity on her. Then Gretchen LICKED HER FACE. Auntie Krista didn't have much pity for her after that.

-She brought me another chunk of hair that she'd removed from her sister's head.

-She is now in bed.

What am I going to do with this kid? Anyone? Anyone?

2 comments:

Alisa said...

I think Jaden and Gretchen are definately related!! I just had the afternoon from h-e-double hockey sticks too!! I spent 2 hours helping in his class and even stayed another 20 minutes to have lunch with him. You would think that would have scored me some points. NO! In addition to slugging his brother so many times I lost count, he pulled down the Halloween lights I had just hung above the garage, tried to shake the ladder to make me fall and also said "Mommy" about a trillion times while I forced a time out in his room while he threw things at the door. Feel better?

lismarie said...

I wish I could tell you it gets better. It doesn't. This is the comment where I complain about my 9-year-old. She's still kicking my butt. I'm going on hour SEVEN of cleaning Analise's room that she has refused to clean since school started. And I haven't even started the closet yet. I can't decide which is worse: the dead sand crab I found in her desk drawer or the myriad of small items (nerds, beads, rocks, sunflower seeds . . .) that were covering the carpet under her bed. I have deep cleaned her room time and time again, but this time it has been shocking, even for Analise. I think she may need intervention on Hoarders.