Sunday, January 25, 2009

Family History

Mike, Mom, Autumn and I went to Grandma Liz's yesterday for her 88th birthday. I decided to take my laptop and our 4-in-1, for the scanner, to Grandma's so that I could start scanning in all the old pictures she has. I always wanted the old pictures, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, so now we can all have copies, if we so desire. I haven't really photoshopped anything yet (and I'm not the most skilled at it - not like Aaron and Apryl), but I thought you might enjoy seeing these. We got 45 scanned in, with a LOT more to go. A good reason to go back and spend more time with Grandma (not that you need a reason to see Grandma)...

Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Emmanuel and his 2nd wife at Knott's Berry Farm:

Grandma Liz at Knott's:

Grandma Liz in her saddle shoes:


The Grandpa Fred we all knew and loved:


Grandma Liz and her brother, Alma. I asked Grandma if her mom cut her hair and she said, "Most likely." Mom thinks a bowl may have been involved:


Aunt Pat came over. We enjoyed a nice lunch together. Mom made two trays of Manicotti, one from the family party Friday night for my birthday (thanks, Family!) and one for grandma's house. Autumn and Mike enjoyed Bernadette's leftover stew. And green jello for dessert - yum! Jaimee came by in the afternoon and visited, Mike taught Autumn how to throw her tomahawk in Grandma's backyard, and Mike spent a lot of time reading Grandma's signed copy of Bruce R. McConkie's "Mormon Doctrine" book. We had a nice day together and then Grandma was on her way to Aunt Pat's for a nice leg of lamb dinner made by Uncle Jim, Autumn was on her way to her friend's bbq and we headed home...

3 comments:

Apryl said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I love these photos. You rock for posting them, Aunt Ne! Also, favorite written part of the post: "...Mike taught Autumn how to throw her tomahawk in Grandma's backyard..."

dezboi said...

Ah! These pics are absolutely priceless! Wonderful! Thanks a ton for posting these!

-Mark

duffydominion said...

I love the old photos. Your grandma Liz is such a classy lady. It's fun to see her in a different season of her life. I want to hear more about the tomahawk!